Sunday, August 15, 2010

A family affair...

I helped my aunt throw a bridal shower yesterday for my cousin's fiance, Ashley (welcome to the family!!).

It was the debut of my culinary skills in Miami (well, I have cooked for my family, but not really for others).

I am so pleased with how everything turned out!! Experiences like these help me learn and grow and I am grateful for the chance to do it (and I slept 12 hours last night to recover from the exhaustion!).

So, here are the pictures and the recipes, as requested (just click on the name, it will send you to the appropriate website)...

Mini Cheesecakes

Turducken Cupcakes and Buttercream Frosting

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels

Mexican Quiches


Recipes for items I did not take pictures of:

Cilantro Cream Sauce (Make it. Don't ask questions. Just make it. And then drink it, with tortilla chips or the Mexican Quiches.)

Cheese Fondue (so good!)

Brigadeiros (I like to roll these in powdered sugar. Or raw cocoa. You pick.)

Bruschetta (we omit the cayenne, FYI)

Strawberry and Spinach Salad (the dressing is a-ma-zing!)

Good luck with the recipes!
And as my Aunt Sally says, just follow the recipe and you will be fine...

5 comments:

Ileana said...

Looks great!

Alina Maria said...

I was at the party and can attest that the food was DELICIOUS and the presentation was beautiful. Thanks for the recipes...by the way, it's my first time at this blog. Looks great. I'm planning on coming back.

Alina said...

YOU ARE A DOMESTIC GODDESS! SHOW ME YOUR WAYS!!! :)

ngonz016 said...

Hey Adriana!! Claudia sent me the link for your blog so I can get some recipes for my bf's bridal shower :) And i personally know everything you made was delicious, so im excited to try it out! Im having some difficulty, however, with finding the actual recipe for the cranberry feta pinwheels and the mexican quiches. The links dont seem to be working :( Help!

Adriana said...

I fixed the links...
Thanks for letting me know!!