Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Its been too long...

I can't believe it has been over a month since I posted. I guess I have been a little busy.

The first item of business that we must attend to is the wedding itself.

Do you notice that Richard has a tan mark on his face from his sunglasses??

I could not have asked for a more perfect day (well, I could have it be a little cooler, instead of 105 degrees, but what do you expect in Orlando in July). We were surrounded by family and close friends and sealed for time and eternity. The ceremony was beautiful and it was so special to be married by the same man who married my mom and Tony.

And the reception was so much fun!

The map said "The road you tread to see us wed"

Who is this man?

And where is he going?

 
After the reception, we spend the night at a B&B and then flew to Detroit and crossed the border. We drove to the east coast of Canada (an 18 hour drive!) and spent a week in a cottage just outside of Shediac (Sh-e-di-ac), New Brunswick. The honeymoon was lovely and we enjoyed day trips to places like Prince Edward Island (you know, Anne of Green Gables) and Moncton.
Our honeymoon cottage
Yup.

Hopewell Rocks

Shediac, the Lobster Capitol of Canada.

After the honeymoon, Richard and I started back to Cambridge. We spent the night at this wonderful hotel in Quebec City and even got to sample Montreal smoked meat.

We arrived in Cambridge and it was back to work for Rich and I flew to Miami to pack up my parents and my car and drive it up to Canada. Our first stop was in Gainesville (of course) and then a stop in Arlington (I still had stuff in my old house!). We crossed the border into Canada with no problem and made it to my new house. That Saturday we had the Canadian reception and on the Monday my parents flew back to Miami.

And that pretty much brings us up to speed. 

Right now I am a stay-at-home wife, as the country of Canada will not allow me to work until I become a resident. But Rich and I are renovating the house (we started with the kitchen, we have painted, bought a dishwasher, and are about to install a new counter top), I bought a sewing machine and have been working on little projects here and there...

And I plan to write more, both on this blog and other projects.

Onward to a new adventure!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations! You look so happy.