Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Valentine

Years ago, my mom started a tradition of sending me a Valentine's package. Over the years, she had become very creative with my gifts, but this year, she truly topped them all. She sent me a Prince. But he didn't start out as a Prince. That took a little work, as does everything that is worth anything...
This is how he started out:
I added a little water and he turned a radioactive green!
And then, in the darkness, a small figure can be seen...
And there he was, my Prince! But he wasn't done growing...

72 hours later, he reached his full height.

Overall, he is a wonderful Prince. He doesn't do much (I blame the plastic barrier), but he does enjoy watching me as I check my email and read the news at my computer.

By the way, his name is Felipe, after the Crowned Prince of Spain....

5 comments:

myhoa said...

Love it! He's perfect, albeit a little short but otherwise he can't complain, make a mess for you to clean up and he's mesmorized by you. What more could you ask for?

Peter said...

I am also a Prince. Unlike the Prince you got...I read your blog : ) Happy belated Valentines.

taylor said...

um, i love that!

Claudia said...

That is so cool! Where did your mom got your prince?

Adriana said...

She got him at CVS. Who knew it was such a versatile place to shop!