Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Did that just happen?

The rumors are true.

I am engaged. 

Manfriend and I decided to get hitched. 

PS- sorry for not updating this blog in fifty million years. But know that good things are happening and that is why I haven't updated

Here is our story...

The first time Manfriend and I went to the Lincoln Memorial, we were still getting to know each other. I had taken him around to the back of the monument, where hardly anybody goes and although we had already kissed, for some reason we didn't kiss at the monument that day.  

Fast forward to Saturday.

We were hanging around my house, and the sun had just started going down. He very casually said, "Hey, why don't we head up to the Lincoln to watch the sunset and finally get in our kiss ?", to which I agreed. We drove in, found an awesome parking spot, and walked to the Lincoln. 


We took a few pictures of the Lincoln statue and then I suggested we walked around back (because that is what I always do). As we went back there, we found a section between pillars that was empty. We stood there for a little while, looking at the Potomac River and the Memorial Bridge. He asked me what I was thinking and I said, "I am wondering why you haven't kiss me"...and he replied, "Not yet".

I gave him a quizzical look and all of a sudden, he was down on one knee, pulling a blue box out of his pocket and there was a beautiful engagement ring inside. He said some wonderful things, asked me to be his wife and I am pretty sure I replied yes (I had to ask him about that, it is a little blurry). 

About 5 minutes after he proposed. I was still in shock.
 We starting calling family and friends (apparently his family had been texting him all day!) and we then went to dinner at the same restaurant where we had our first date.

This is from New Years. I just like the picture...

 Words cannot describe how excited I am to marry this man. Oh, and I suppose I can tell you his real name at this point. This is Richard.


8 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so excited!!! Have I mentioned that yet?

Chance said...

congratulations! I'm so happy for yoU!

Mari said...

inlovpiAll my kids and I loved Richard, he is a great addition to our family! Congratulations!!!! Tita

Mari said...

I don't know why inlovpi came out in my comment, this was the word that I had to write to prove that I'm not a robot!!!

Claudia said...

I am sooooo over the moon excited for you! You deserve all of the happiness that marriage brings! Please let me know the date!! Love you soon to be Richards wife!

Richie said...

That's not how it happened. She fainted, and woke up in the hospital with the ring on her finger and me freaking out on the phone calling her mom.

Love you babe.

The Manfriend

annie said...

yahoooo! so exciting. congratulations!!

annie said...

the comment field hates me. OR maybe it's just being approved by you. i can't tell cause there are yellow triangles and red writing everywhere.

but i will enter it for the third time cause i'm so excited for you! congratulations!!! there was more than that, but i can't remember...