Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Challenge...

I was perusing my blog list this morning and came upon one of my favorite blogs, Recipe Girl. She usually writes about recipes (so good!). But this morning she had a different type of post. She is putting together a challenge of healthier living called the Ten in 10. Basically, 10 weeks to a healthier life, starting on January 2, 2010.

I decided to join.

I know what you are thinking. And yes, I did have a running challenge last summer (although I didn't keep at it, I did manage to run 3 miles in 32 minutes). And yes, I did sponsor a Biggest Loser type challenge with my family (I don't know if I mentioned this, but Daniel won, losing about 25 lbs! I came in second with 15 lbs)...

But I always need something to motivate myself and I feel that this can be the challenge for the new year. I have some trips planned for January and February and hopefully this challenge will keep me on track during the trips.

My own personal slogan is "Getting my Rear in Gear" (I smile every time I say it).

Will you join me?

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

I'm so, so glad you're on board! I did a Biggest Loser Challenge at my gym last Jan. and WON! I maintained for 6 months & then summer vacation ruined it all. I'm determined to make it work/last this time. Good luck!!

Lela said...

Do it! It will make you feel great. I need one of these for drawers, closets, and projects in general!