Today I had my students write in their journal about what they are thankful for. I thought that I would join them (in no particular order):
1. My family. I would be nothing without the support of my family.
2. My education. My career depends on it!
3. My friends. There is something to be said about late night WalMart/Target runs and Wendy's Twisted Frosties...and late night phone calls...
4. The existence of planes. They allow me to travel to see said family and friends
5. Health insurance. I didn't have it for a year and a half. It is nice to have it back...
6. This little girl. She makes me want to make the world a better place for her.
7. My fun roommates, both past and present.
Sorry, this is the most recent picture I have of roommates. But I love you all, I promise!!
8. Harry Potter. Really, it is so enjoyable!
9. My love of reading. Although I have abused it over the years, I am so grateful that I love to read!
10. My traveling experiences. They have helped shape me into the person that I have become.
11. My ability to teach. I get so much pleasure when my students finally "get" something!
12. My membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know exactly where I would be without it...its not pretty...
13. Music in my life. I wish I could have music around me at all times...
14. My school - this includes the students and teachers I work with. AMAZING! I have learned so much from them!
15. Good evaluations from my boss. It makes me feel like I made the right choice to stay here...