Monday, June 2, 2008

Guess I'm just lucky!

It just so happens that I meet famous people. I don't know why it happens, but a lot of times, I am at the right place at the right time.

My favorite story is when I was in Madrid in 2006. I was on a pay phone, talking to my mom just outside of my hotel, with my cousin standing next to me. There was a commotion the next block over, so my cousin walked over to see what was going on. She came running back with information that is was the Madrid premiere of "The Guardian" with Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner. We had a hard time with the crowd, so my cousin hopped on my shoulders and took crazy pictures. It was awesome. We made friends with the security guards so that they could tell us when Kevin and Ashton would be leaving, but the actors left 30 minutes after they arrived, through the back door...


Another favorite is when I met Orlando Bloom. My mom and I were in London and went to see him in a play. We waited outside the stage door and got his autograph. There was a huge crowd waiting, and some very enthusiastic German girls standing next to me, and I got elbowed a couple of times. It was so worth it! (And his mustache is for the play, looks kinda creepy, I know, but he did a great job on stage...)


The latest of sighting was when I went to basketball game on Saturday and saw Kevin Durant, the NBA Rookie of the Year. Quinn and I just strolled up to him and asked if he would take a picture with us. It worked, and we have a great story to tell...We also got a picture of Candace Parker, who plays for the LA Sparks, but we aren't in it...

No comments: