Monday, September 15, 2008

A Tribute to Dixie...

Many of you may not be aware, but I started my college career at Dixie State College in St. George, Utah. While my mom may not agree, I think it was a time of growth and reflection, and my years there have helped make me who I am today.


I started thinking about my freshman year and how much fun it was. Remember when you move into your first place (be it dorm or apartment) and you get to know your roommates. Its amazing how close you become to someone in such a quick period of time. You share things with your roommates that you don't even share with your parents. I loved my roommates from my freshman year and still keep in touch with them. Nothing really spectacular happened except that I was 17 and loving life.

Sophomore year was also a lot of fun. I started to hang out with a new group of people, bullet bikers. One of our favorite things to do would be to go up to the old airport and race on the tarmac. I started dating one of the bikers (He Who Shall Remain Unnamed). I had some amazing experiences and also some scary ones (Allie- remember that wreck?) I also started to get involved in theater. I made some amazing friends that year (Joe King!).

My last semester at Dixie was probably the best year. I lived with some great girls (one who remains one of my closest friends) and I continued dating Unnamed. I was really involved in theater by that time, especially backstage stuff, and was doing very well in school. That was the year I tore my ACL (pictures are coming up, so if you don't like blood, don't scroll down) and had surgery.

The point of this post is to remember where you have been and where it has taken you. I know that those years in Dixie have their worth and I loved them. Thanks Dixie, and I'll be seeing you soon!


No comments: