Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday Celebration

As mentioned in a previous post, I was a little anxious to turn 26. This year has absolutely flown by and my birthday crept up on me.
My birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year and my friend Jason sent me a message, "For your birthday, I've commanded the world to slaughter millions of turkeys in worship of you." Very sweet.

My family had a cake for me on Thanksgiving, which was fun because Laura and her family were there. On Saturday my family took me to Cheesecake Factory, where we ate way too much and then had the Godiva Brownie thing that is perfection. And when I returned to DC, I went to dinner with Quinn, Jim and Meg, to come home to a surprise party. So far, 26 ain't so bad...


This is the cake from Thanksgiving. The ghetto writing was done by a chonga girl at Dairy Queen. Happy B-day!!










This is my Cheesecake Factory Celebration. The waiter, Kenny, was really nice and became best friends with my aunt.










This is the Godiva Brownie thing... The other picture is Claudia and I. This day was her actual birthday, but she was gracious enough to let me have my birthday lunch on her day.









This is my surprise party. I had to blow out the candle twice so that Meggie could get a good picture... and Myhoa Thi and Quinny...











This is Meg, Emily and I....and then Mary, Melanie, Jane, Miranda and I (and Jim)









This is all the roommates...Ashley just moved in last week. And Quinn and I...This is the beginning of the silliness, which you will only witness in a few pictures.










Jim and I, scandalous!! And then the Cool Team, with our fearless leader, Meg.

Thank you to those of you who could make it. I was really touched and happy that you could come!
As a side note:
The Gators play Alabama on Saturday for the SEC Championship. I will be at Joe Theismanns in Old Town to see the game. Starts at 4 pm...If you want to see a fantastic game, come on down...

1 comment:

Rob and Jewls said...

Yes you did have a fabulous beginning to 26! Yes, you did just write "Chonga," on your blog!!! I love it! I thought I was one of the only people who said that...I clicked on your link and realized it truly is a miami thing! Too funny! Great pics and happy Bday!