Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm sorry, did you say traveling?

I like to consider myself an adventurer. I am apt to feel restless when I don't travel and I like to discover new things, be in new areas. It is not enough to read about a place, I want to go and check it out for myself (I can't tell you how many trips I have planned to go to Russia...Still haven't made it).

Because I am not going to Europe this year (sob!!) I have decided to enjoy American history and discover what my own nation has to offer. This is being kick started with a trip to Acadia National Park during Memorial Weekend (pictured on the left), a trip to Williamsburg in June (with my mama), Virginia Beach in July and Salem, Massachusetts in October (this list is of course including my obligatory trips to New York, and a cruise to Mexico, which I am aware is not in America, in July). If you have any suggestions of where I should travel, fill me in (the only requirement is that I can do it over a weekend...I gotta pay the bills somehow!)


I hope that this gives you a sense of how much I like to travel. That being said, allow me to move on to my next set of good news.

I have come to realize that I don't like to work in an office. I don't like sitting at a desk all day, I don't like being tied to a Blackberry. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job, and I get to meet some really cool people (I had dinner with the President last month). But this is not a life long career. So, I found a school in Pennsylvania, St. Joseph University that will allow me to get my teaching certificate at the same time as working on a master's in secondary education. And I can do it all while living in Virginia (All of the courses are online). And I don't have to take the GRE! (Sorry Chad, I know it hurts!) I can do all courses in 3 semesters and then I have to do student teaching for 12 weeks.

Whoo hoo!!

You may ask what this has to do with the beginning of my posting. That my friends, is easy. I don't know if you realize, but teachers get two months off a year. Oh yes, Adri is going for the big time here. I plan to sit tight for a year, do my homework, and then I will become a traveling fool!! I would like to say I really do enjoy teaching.
And a big shout out to my friend Andy (still waiting for the motorcycle ride!)

No comments: