Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

I really don't know where the summer is going. But I will tell you , it is going too fast!

For the Fourth of July, I was invited to go to a Patriotic Pancake Breakfast. Sounds delish. Before the breakfast, we had what became known as the "Fun Run" which was a race around the neighborhood. There was also a contest of the Most Patriotic Gear. Quinn and I decided to dress up and also decided that he would run in the race.

Well, Quinn didn't actually run the whole race. As the runners started out, I grabbed my car, met Quinn on the corner and drove him near the finish line. It was amazing! Breakfast was good, followed by an afternoon of homework and then a BBQ. Oh- and we won the Most Patriotic Gear contest. Go us!

The next day, we went to NYC. Mary, Quinn, Jim, Mike and I hopped on a 6:15 am bus bound towards New York. Needless to say, we were
exhausted when we got there, but I think that the weekend can be summed up by saying, it was a weekend of miracles. We stayed at the Marriot in Times Square, had some amazing cheesecake in Central Park and did some great shopping in Chinatown. And lets not forget some of the best gelato I have had outside of Italy.
Quinn, Jim and I were able to sneak in a quick visit to Strand before heading back to DC on Sunday on the 7:15 pm bus.We were forced to watch 10000 BC (we didn't understand...). We didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but what can you do? Thank you New York, for another incredible weekend!
Next week I am heading to Miami to go on a cruise with Laura, Olga and my mom...I'm so excited!!

No comments: