Thursday, May 7, 2009

There is always a first time...

So I told you that I would keep you updated on my running...It has been interesting. I was sidetracked a little because I was working with my personal trainer and was in pain most of the time. But that ended last week, so I am on my own and back on track in training.

I have been trying to figure out how my body (well, my knee) reacts to running. Is it better for me to run faster, but for a shorter period of time, or run slower for longer? That has been my test this week. (both work, in case you are interested).

Today I ran 3 miles (first time ever!) in 31.55 minutes. And no pain the knee. I probably (maybe not) could have done more, but I have errands to run today. We will see how tomorrow goes...

Oh, and the Biggest Loser Competition is going well (for some). We have all been bombarded with temptations (birthdays, Communion, etc) but I think we are learning to make good decisions. More updates as the time gets closer (31 more days!!)

1 comment:

meg said...

Way to go! Summer of hot bod (take 2) is off to a great start for you!

(Wish I could say the same for myself!!!)